ParagonX9 - Red 13 ParagonX9 - Red 13

Awesome.

This is a brilliant song...though I did have one question. How come this version is slower than the one on Soundcloud? Seems like a dramatic tempo difference...and I like both versions, just wondering. ;)

Keep up the excellent work, ParagonX9. :)

Grim Grinning Ghosts (Rem Grim Grinning Ghosts (Rem

Creepy vibe with a dance twist

I definitely dig this tune, but...more importantly...I can't exactly explain why.

The intro seemed to be a tad misleading, not that, that is a bad thing...because it's actually incredibly creative...and then busts out into a full blown groove that...could get any sort of ghost/supernatural creature hoppin' out on the dance floor. The middle section was...interesting, it might be a weak part of the song, but...it works with the vibe that you've presented so...I don't think it's as bad as you think...then again, I can see how you got sick of working on it...happens to everybody at some point or another.

Either way, awesome stuff dude. I look forward to hearing more. :D

River of Memories (updated) River of Memories (updated)

Think I reviewed this song earlier

I'm pretty sure I did...hopefully you read the review. haha

Anyway, as before. Good stuff, I look forward to hearing more from you. :)

TheBellmaker responds:

Yes, I read your excellent review! As soon as I deleted the old, I was like "dang it, forgot to tell the other person...."

Thanks for listening again!

New Super Mario Bros Wii - 1-1 New Super Mario Bros Wii - 1-1

Nice cover/remix

I'm diggin' the sounds here, has a nice flow.

This is - of course - a classic tune, in every sense of the word. But...there are a few things I'm wishing were a bit louder or...more eventful. For instance, the choice of sounds is great, and I notice you sampled the "Baah" sound directly, but what this remix really needs is a larger beat some clear defining groove that...makes the song seem more powerful and "driving". It's a catchy tune and the instrument choice here is perfect but I would love to hear more of an accompanying arrangement and louder drums.

Overall besides that, good work. I look forward to hearing more. :)

MyVGworld responds:

Thanks for your review! and more is coming of course!

Ashes in the Dust - Circadian Ashes in the Dust - Circadian

Nice combination of sounds.

This is like...one part gothic, one part indie, one part rock. I love what I'm hearing here...it's just an overall great selection of sounds.

I look forward to hearing more...sorry I can't really give an constructive criticism, but...really, I don't believe it needs any. :)

Awesome. :)

Animal Dubstep Animal Dubstep

Interesting...

Honestly, I've never heard dubstep quite like this....this is just...all sorts of innovative dude. Very, VERY cool. Not much constructive criticism here, it's just...a cool little tune.

I look forward to hearing more creations from yourself. :)

Silent Hill - Not Tommoro Silent Hill - Not Tommoro

Well, lemme help with a review then. :)

This is great, mellow guitar for a somewhat already eerie track from the series. Now, what I can say is that...I think you should submit this to the OCRemix workshop forums. Sure, I'm including an outside source/website, but this is a video game remix, and...people from OCRemix are always more than willing to help a new artist who cares about what he/she does.

Anyway, as for this song, the mixing is good...but I think there's a dissonant note at 0:26 in...otherwise, I dig.

Good work. I look forward to hearing more, and always feel free to send me a new track you're working on, I'll get to it sooner or later and review. :)

Broken Snow Broken Snow

Cool selection of sounds.

This is a cool ambient track with some interesting effects on piano, and I'm liking those pizzicato from....is it a violin? I'm not sure, but...it's cool.

What I think you need is some more reverb to make it sound a bit more "full". The instruments themselves do a lot to keep the song interesting but...it wouldn't hurt to add a few more effects. Maybe add a layer of crescendo-ing strings, perhaps just EQ the timpanis.

This has got potential, keep it up. :D

TL - Yet another trance loop TL - Yet another trance loop

I think you should make a full song of this.

The pads are clean and the groove is....heh, dance-able.

I hear a clear chord progression but...I just really want this to be longer before I can actually give some more detailed critiques. Either way, I'm loving the sound from this and I'd encourage you to finish it. :)

Good work.

TeHLoY responds:

Yea, I'll probably work on this once I'm more free.
Anyway, thanks for the review!

Metal Dub Metal Dub

Choice of sounds is cool, but...

This is a cool idea, but I think...what you need is a more defined set of percussion and a clearer bassline. Right now, the majority of the song is relying on melody and the mixing is a bit messy, so what I'd suggest is lowering the main instruments right now, and EQing the drums to make room for a more prevalent bassline and percussive groove.

EwaSC responds: